Welcome

Welcome to our blog! This blog started as an adoption journey and now will continue to chronicle the highlights and events of our family. Thank you for following this amazing journey to grow our family.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Women in China

I added a link (see left column) today to an LA Times article about women's rights in rural China. It is very sad but thankfully progress is being made. A lot of people ask me about the birthmoms of the babies being adopted. People ask, "How could they abandon their newborn child on a street corner?" The reality is they are forced to do it and it is so hard for them. I can't imagine being in that situation. My heart goes out to Tianna's Mom and Dad and I am so grateful that they gave her life and delivered her to safety -- many baby girls don't make it that far.

No comments:


The Bales Family