As we were getting ready to take down our manger (on January 20th!), I finally got some pictures of the girls in front of it. Our good friends the Johnsons made the manger and star for us. I was so thrilled because I've had this vision for our front yard Christmas decoration for years and after mentioning it to Shelley, her husband Paul built it for us within a few days! And it is exactly as I pictured it. I didn't want the plastic nativity scene. Just a nice, humble manger and star. I would like to find a better solution for Jesus next year. As you'll see below, we made a Jesus out of towels. We didn't want to leave a doll outside during the harsh, winter weather. Tianna enjoyed playing outside. It's tough walking in the bulky snowsuit but it sure is cute! And her hands and feet were warm and dry when I unbundled her. She just sat around sucking on icicles the whole time. Alexia enjoyed playing restaurant. She was our waitress taking our order and serving us icicles at our "table" (sitting on the straw). She presented us with our tab at the end of our "meal" -- we ate $50 worth of icicles! I couldn't pay my tab. And then Tianna went and broke another one off a bush bringing the tab to $51! Thankfully, the waitress had mercy on us and forgave our debt. Fun was had by all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Bales Family



1 comment:
What great friends to make that manger for you. I love it! And I think the "baby Jesus" was perfect.
Love the pics, especially of the girls giving a kiss. So cute!!!
Miss you!
Post a Comment