Welcome

Welcome to our blog! This blog started as an adoption journey and now will continue to chronicle the highlights and events of our family. Thank you for following this amazing journey to grow our family.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!

WooooHoooooo! We got the call today at 12:46! Her name is Xiao Tian Xia. The Chinese put the last name first and often will double the second part of the first name as a nickname. So, our baby may be known as Xia Xia (pronounced like Zsa Zsa, as in Gabor!). Isn't that cute? Her birthday is May 10, 2007 so she is just shy of 7 months old. She is in Hunan Province at the Zhuzhou Social Welfare Institute for Children. The referral papers are being sent out today to be translated. In 7 - 10 days, we hope to receive them along with her picture. As soon as I have a picture, I will post it.

If you'd like to see a map, follow this link: http://www.chinatravel.com/china-travel-guides/china-maps/China%20Country%20Maps/China%20Map-Country%20View-1.gif?offset=0. Hunan province is in southeast China, north of Hong Kong -- the major city if Changsha. I think we'll be staying in Changsha.

2 comments:

Russ & Becki Carlson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am SOO happy for you all! Wow, and she's so young, too. I hope you are having a big celebration tonight.
Love and hugs to you 3!
Becki

Anonymous said...

We are rejoicing with you! What a long wait you guys have endured--and you are finally able to see the end of the process. What a wonderful time of deep joy, extra anticipation and thankfulness!!!


The Bales Family