Welcome

Welcome to our blog! This blog started as an adoption journey and now will continue to chronicle the highlights and events of our family. Thank you for following this amazing journey to grow our family.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Rollercoaster coasting back down

Oh, what a ride! The elation felt on 12/6 is fading fast as we STILL do not have a picture. We've been waiting for our referral to be translated and our agency, just to maximize the discomfort, will not share the picture until the medical report is translated. We anticipate getting a call early this week to set up an appointment to go in and receive the file. So, check back Tuesday or Wednesday and hopefully, her face will fill the front page of this blog (if I can figure out how to do that)!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, Despy, this is the hardest part of the wait! But hang in there - once you get that photo, the next few weeks will FLY by as you will have so much to do to get ready for your trip! And before you know it, these agonizing days will fall away as you hold your sweet daughter in your arms finally!
Will Alexia be joining you on the trip?

Nancy said...

We are waiting to see that precious little face, too! I do not understand why the doctor gets to see the face before you do! Hopefully, all the events will happen very quickly this week and you will see your new angel before Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Argh! I am praying for your patience. Aaack. Wait. Isn't that the worst thing to pray for?! I've heard that the prayer for patience can make the wait longer as the Master refines our ability to be patient. ;) Soon and very soon....

Anonymous said...

Despy, I know that you are trusting the Lord with this and I ask him for his strength to sustain you as you go throught this tough part of the process. :-) Just as we go through the process of child birth and find that it is a temporary survivable event, this adoption process will someday be a distant memory that marks theis the beginning of a wonderful lifetime together.


The Bales Family