Welcome

Welcome to our blog! This blog started as an adoption journey and now will continue to chronicle the highlights and events of our family. Thank you for following this amazing journey to grow our family.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Beautiful Guangzhou!


We are safe in Guangzhou! I meant to post last night but I fell asleep at 8:30 with Alexia! I think the middle of the night visits with Tianna are catching up with me. This city, especially the Shamian Island area, is fantastic. Our hotel is wonderful and the area is perfect for getting out. Nice streets to walk along and lots of touristy shopping. There's even a Starbuck's around the corner from the hotel. Many of the people from our travel group have rooms on the same floor so we just leave our hotel room doors open and hang out together. It has been a very neat experience. Tonight we gathered in one room to share some pizza together. The children in the group (older siblings, that is) are getting along very well, too. Alexia is the oldest and there is a 5 year old boy and two 4 year old girls. We are getting to know Tianna better and falling more in love with her every day. We call her Xia Xia (pronounced Sheea Sheea) quite a bit as this is what she was called at the Social Welfare Institute. She is quick with the smiles and shrieks for attention when there are lots of people around. She shrieks almost as loud when angry. As the people here say, she is a "spicy Hunan girl".
Tom is past his fever and is beginning to feel better. So far, no one else has caught it. We're loading up on extra vitamins and prayers.

I'm attaching a few fun pictures....





Tom & Alexia playing Barbies on the flight to Guangzhou.





Tianna sucking on my Cliff Bar wrapper (it was chocolate, yum).


Alexia can't pass a dog without stopping to pet it!

Xia Xia has the car keys already!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott prayed for you all at church this morning. A few people told me that they tried to post to your blog, but were unable to. So, Kathy Lofland and Joanne Buenz send their love. I love the updates, pictures and captions. What a FABULOUS experience this is for your family. Your family of 4! : ) I'm am SOOOO in AWE of God's AMAZING goodness!!! Despy, I can see your joy in the picutes. I can feel how thrilled you are with this gift of a second daughter. She's so delightful! What a blessing! I so look forward to meeting Tianna and introducing her to Phoebe! I will be in Florida when you return, but look forward to seeing you all in March. Keep the pictures and the updates coming. We love to hear about God's goodness. Glad Tom is feeling better and up to playing Barbies. : ) He's going to have to get used to it. He's pretty outnumbered by the females in the Bales family.
Hugs from the Duffs,
Kate

Keith Duff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith Duff said...

Did you happen to get any video footage of Tom on the plane playing Barbies? That is one that I would like to see!

Seriously though, it has been so awesome to follow your adventure and to see how God has provided and blessed your family every step of the way.

Looking forward to seeing all of you soon.

Anonymous said...

have had a great time reading your updates on your new addition. I'm so thankful that God delivered to you such a precious daughter, and all in HIS timing. God bless your family, and have a safe trip home.
Amy Hett and family
ps. she reminds me of what LuLu looked liked at her age. She's beautiful!


The Bales Family