Welcome

Welcome to our blog! This blog started as an adoption journey and now will continue to chronicle the highlights and events of our family. Thank you for following this amazing journey to grow our family.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Fun at Great Wall


First day in China was exhausting! We toured from 8:30 am all the way through to 7 pm nonstop! Neatest part was climbing the Great Wall. Alexia did great on the way up but was scared on the way down. Funniest part was learning to use chinese toilets. We had some great meals. Passed out at 8:30. Today we actually slept until 4:15 (Despy) and 5:00 (Alexia and Tom). We're making progress! Tomorrow morning we fly to Hunan province. We're scheduled to get Tianna on Monday but have been told it sometimes happens unexpectedly on Sunday. I'm posting a picture of us at the Great Wall.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful for technology. Thanks for the update. What great family memories you are making! I am praying you get good rest tonight before the big GOTCHA day - whichever day it might be. We are so excited to see your family of 4! Give Alexia a hug from us. I love seeing that toothless grin!
Praying for you,
Kate

2 China 4 Addison said...

So happy to see you in CHINA!!! You will adjust to the time change very soon. All the touring helps with that.
Praying for you guys, can't wait to see you with that baby in your arms! :)
Love,
Becki

Anonymous said...

This is soooo cool to be able to watch this most important part of your life take place. We can't wait to see your family complete!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an adventure! I love that we can live it with you through your posts. I can't wait to hear about the "big day"...whether it be Sunday or Monday. I also kinda want to know about those Chinese toilet stories.... ;)
The 4 of you are in our prayers,
Allison

Anonymous said...

What a great experience for you all! That's one place I don't think I'll ever be able to visit. Kobe and Alison are doing fine... We're praying for your opportunities over there to be a light in a dark place, as well as having the blessing of another girl! See you soon! Laura


The Bales Family