Alexia was thrilled to see her when we got back to the hotel. She has already had a turn feeding and changing her (and it was even a dirty diaper!). We played with Tianna all evening. And she finally fell asleep in Daddy's arms around 8:00. A few minutes later, Alexia fell asleep in Daddy's arms. ...well, actually I'm not sure who fell asleep first, Alexia or Daddy. But they are both asleep right now as I type out this message. I'm attaching a few pictures...the first one was the moment Tianna was handed to us and the other 2 were taken back in our hotel room. We'll see how the night goes. Thankfully, we finally got a full night's sleep last night so we're ready for whatever Tianna has in mind.
Monday, February 18, 2008
"Gotcha Day"
Today was, as they call it here, "Gotcha Day". We went to the Civil Affairs Office at 3:00 today and received Tianna. I am amazed at how well everything has gone and how well she did since then. She cried a tiny bit at the office but drank a bottle of warm water and then a bottle of formula before we left there. On the bus back to the hotel, she was smiling and "chatting". We just admired her. She is positively perfect and beautiful! Her playful personality is already shining through. She seems to be very healthy and happy. I think she might be every ounce of the 20 lbs we were told she weighted right before we came. Thankfully, it appears the 9 month clothing is fitting perfectly.
Alexia was thrilled to see her when we got back to the hotel. She has already had a turn feeding and changing her (and it was even a dirty diaper!). We played with Tianna all evening. And she finally fell asleep in Daddy's arms around 8:00. A few minutes later, Alexia fell asleep in Daddy's arms. ...well, actually I'm not sure who fell asleep first, Alexia or Daddy. But they are both asleep right now as I type out this message. I'm attaching a few pictures...the first one was the moment Tianna was handed to us and the other 2 were taken back in our hotel room. We'll see how the night goes. Thankfully, we finally got a full night's sleep last night so we're ready for whatever Tianna has in mind.



Alexia was thrilled to see her when we got back to the hotel. She has already had a turn feeding and changing her (and it was even a dirty diaper!). We played with Tianna all evening. And she finally fell asleep in Daddy's arms around 8:00. A few minutes later, Alexia fell asleep in Daddy's arms. ...well, actually I'm not sure who fell asleep first, Alexia or Daddy. But they are both asleep right now as I type out this message. I'm attaching a few pictures...the first one was the moment Tianna was handed to us and the other 2 were taken back in our hotel room. We'll see how the night goes. Thankfully, we finally got a full night's sleep last night so we're ready for whatever Tianna has in mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Bales Family



17 comments:
She is GORGEOUS!!!! Your joy must be overwhelming. We can't wait to meet her. Have a safe journey home.
Wow! Praise God! What delightful pictures of GOTCHA Day!!! Glad to hear that she's adjusting well so far. Had to laugh at the 20lb comments! She's bigger than Phoebe!!! At last you are holding your daughter! Isn't God AMAZING!?!? All in HIS PERFECT timing! Great to see the picture of your TWO daughters together!!! What fun they will have. Glad your big helper is off to a good start - changing dirty diapers! Great job, Alexia! We love you and are so delighted that you are a big sister! Give Tianna a kiss for us! And keep the pictures and updates coming! What a blessing to be able to share in your JOY from across the world!
Thanking the Lord for ANSWERED prayers!
Kate
Praise God! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news with us! Alexia - what a great big sister you are. Lydia and Audrey can not wait for you to introduce your little sis to them.
Sara
I am so happy for all of you! She is just beautiful...and looks so healthy and happy. Enjoy these early moments with her as you become a family!
Love,
Julie J.
What an amazing day for the Bales fmily. Wow, what a delightful pair of daughters. Alexia is beaming like a 1000 watt bulb and the smile on Tiannas' face is priceless. Of course Mom and Dad look quite pleased TOO!
Our prayers are with you as you begin a new phase of your lives.
Enjoy.
Yiayia and Dad
Oh Despy, you are right, she is perfect!! I'm sure all these months of waiting have completely faded! We can't wait for you to come home, so we can kiss those little cheeks. Congratulations to ALL of you!
Love, Becki
Despy and Family: Wow, what a sweetheart! I am glad all is well with you all and the transition seems to be seemless! I am enjoying your blog updates! Blessings to you and pray that all continues to be wonderful! Kris Lodwig
I can't even begin to find the words to express how thrilled I am for you! Really - I'm all sniffly here! What a wonderful, special day for your family! God is soooooo amazing in how He brought Tianna into your family in His perfect timing! Now the real fun begins!
What a perfect addition Tianna is to our family! I think she even looks a bit like baby Jazmin and Jarrol with the beautiful skin color and dark hair. We loved the photos and went to them first thing this morning ... I've been admiring them ever since. I couldn't be more thankful that our electronic capabilities allow us to be on this journey with you! The smiles on your faces are worth everything ... little Tianna Faith has finally found her way into your arms. May all continue to go smoothly. Waiting for the next update....
What a beautiful family! Praise God for His timing and provision! Greta is looking forward to Alexia giving her a crash course in diaper changing, Julia is looking forward to seeing Koby:), and Micah is looking forward to his first playdate with little Tianna! We love you all and pray for wonderful family bonding in China.
Blessings,
Shelley (and family)
Congratulations! We're so excited to meet the newest member of our family and hear all your stories. Enjoy the rest of the trip and have a safe journey home.
Susan, Jason, Andrew & Claire
awww she looks so cute and healthy! hooray! hope the rest of the trip goes well and i can't wait to meet tianna back in illinois!
love,
alissa
Tianna is such a beautiful little girl! We've enjoyed your photos and reading details of your trip. Congratulations and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Love,
Sara, Todd, & Alana
Welcome Tianna! What a beautiful little girl! It is so incredible that we can share your joy through pictures! Looks like Alexia is a natural at being a big sister & enjoying it all. We are thinking of you every day and look forward to reading about your adventures...
Love you all--
Francy & Les
God is so good! I am overwhelmed with emotion as I view the pictures of your first meeting...and the pictures of you all BEAMING! I am so thankful, so utterly thankful for God's perfect provision and timing for His people. What a mighty God we serve! Alexia, what a great big sister you will be....looks like you are off to a good start...changing poopy diapers already?! Keep it up!
Peace to the four of you~
Allison
Hello Guys,
Gdd is so amazing!! She is gorgeous. Looks like she belongs to your family (the dark hair and big dark eyes). Good job, Alexia, changing those diapers. Mom needs a big helper like you. We can't wait to see her at church. Have a safe journey back to us.
Deb Weihrauch
HOW EXCITING!!! I felt like I was right there with you guys as you reached to hold her! :-) (Had to go back several times and enjoy the moment again.) God is SO GOOD! I have been praying you through this and following you on the journey. God hand-picked this beautiful little girl just for you! What a blessing! We cannot wait to meet her! Chuck and I both send our love to you all!
Post a Comment