Welcome

Welcome to our blog! This blog started as an adoption journey and now will continue to chronicle the highlights and events of our family. Thank you for following this amazing journey to grow our family.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ready to go!

Well, we're finally packed and ready to go. It's 1:15 am...you'd never know we've been packing for 2 weeks! I had planned to take a picture tonight of a special, pre-trip family dinner and post it....didn't happen. Crazy day. Oh well, it was a great day. Special friends and family members doing amazingly special, meaningful things to wish us well on our trip. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness.
Better get to bed. We'll post more when we get settled in in Beijing (after we're rested). Bye!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Have a wonderful, amazing, blessed trip! Savor and treasure every moment of it, even the challenging ones! Take photos and video of anything and everything you possibly can, even if the subject seems boring and mundane. Those photos and videos will be anything but mundane to Tianna as she grows up! Don't sweat the small stuff! And when you start to feel homesick, don't wish your time in China away - it will ultimately fly by, and you'll wish you were back there so many times once you are home! Our family will be praying for you and your group during this trip and can't wait to hear all about it!

Nancy said...

You are 7 hours into your flight now ... half way there! I've been thinking of you all day. I know how much prep went into this undertaking and I know how much support you received along the way. Well, the journey has begun and what a whirlwind it will be! You are that much closer to wrapping your arms around Tianna. Our thoughts are with you every step of the way.

Anonymous said...

By now you are probably settling in for your first night's sleep in China after a long 15 hours hanging over the world in a tin can. Chinamama is right, savor every moment. Even though I don't get to tour when I am there for business I really enjoy the different cultures in each region. When I come back it's like a dream.
I love coming home to the best country in the world though! We can't wait to see you guys and we can't wait to wrap our arms around Tiana!We'll be watching the blog! Tommy, remember, if it's still kicking don't eat it no matter who's feelings you hurt!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
We are SOOO excited for you! What a great family bonding experience. Becky had some great advice. Know that we are praying for you and eager for updates on your journey to a family of 4! I am so in awe of the unfoldind of God's plan for your family. All the tears of pain will soon be tears of JOY!!! How amazing to have a God who hears our prayers and ANSWERS - so beautifully - in HIS perfect timing! Praising Him with you!

Kate

Nancy said...

Are you there yet? I am praying that you arrived in Beijing safely and that the long flight was tolerated well by you and especially by Lexi-loo. I will be anxious for word of your safe arrival. I know it is midnight now and the 14th is a finished day. How was your introduction to Beijing? I hope you have a comfortable bed and have found good food. Good luck with transitioning to the time change. Hugs to you all on Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. We're sooooo happy for you and can't wait to see pictures of the new Bales family member!!!!
Love,
Matt and Tracy


The Bales Family