Xia Xia's fever subsided during the night and hasn't returned since. She did, however, wake up about 7 times in need of consolation. And after a night like that, she chose to take two tiny cat-naps today. This evening, she was unconsolable. I suspect she may be teething.
Well, our trip is winding down. It has been amazing. But we are anxious to get home. I feel like we've been living a dream and we'll have to give Tianna back before we leave. Just to be safe, I think I'll hide her in my carry-on for the trip home. Tomorrow, we get Tianna's VISA at a special ceremony at the US Consulate. I think there will be one final group dinner together and then we leave EARLY Thursday morning. Our bags need to be outside of our door at 5 AM -- ouch. We leave at 6. We fly Guangzhou to Shanghai. We have a pretty long layover there and depart Shanghai at 5 PM. This will make for a VERY long day especially with a baby along. I'm really dreading it. But, once it is over, we can settle into our life together as a family of 4!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Bales Family



6 comments:
So glad to be able to see your pictures and read how the trip has gone!!! I'll be praying for the return trip. Can't wait to see her in person!
Lil
Can't wait for the word that you're back home! Tianna will finally get to settle in to her family AND her home!!! We hope your journey to the States is safe and uneventful. Looking forward to a time in the future when we can try to understand all of what your two weeks in China has meant to you.
Many hugs...
Hi Bales Family
Glad that Tianna has recovered and that you are progressing in the return to home direction. We are all praying for a safe and enjoyable trip back home in distance and time.
Love- Carol and Dad
We are so looking forward to seeing you all in person. We will pray for your return trip.
Smooch~
The Grants
Hi Despy, Tom and Alexia:
Tianna is GORGEOUS. I'm so happy for you all.
Laurie (Kate's sister)
ps. Alexia just gets prettier every day,too. I can't believe it's been two years.
Lord, I pray right now for a safe passage for everyone as they return home. Send your angels to accompany them. Watch over them with vigilance. Lord, remove any obstacles from their path allowing them to reach a place of rest and restoration to begin anew with a blessed gift from you - baby Tianna. Amen.
Blessings! K&V,J,J,&J
Post a Comment